This email was sent by a former staff member who was at the church from 1998-2009 and worked on staff most of those years.
Date: Fri, July 3, 2009
I was just wondering if you had any thoughts regarding the last email I sent you with the five issues/concerns. If so, I would love to meet and discuss them.
I ask for two reasons:
- It looks like I may only be in Mt. Pleasant for another few weeks (approx. July 18th) and once I’m in XXXXX it will be much more difficult to have regular face-to-face discussions about these things.
- I would like to forward that email to the rest of those who were most recently on staff with me because:
- As my friends, I think they deserve to know more about where I’m at with things and some of the factors that have influenced my decisions and actions.
- As the church staff, I think it is their responsibility to be aware of these issues that broadly affect our entire body, which they shepherd.
- I would like them to know that I have taken steps to communicate and discuss these issues with you in an effort to help our church grow and move forward, that I am continuing to do so, and am willing to continue to do so even when I’m in XXXXX.
Let me know what you think.